FREE SEED LIBRARY IS BACK! If you are ready to start your seeds or start gathering what you would like to plant, stop by the library. A cart with the usual seed library and information will be in the foyer. Here is how it will work:
1. Come into the foyer (please do NOT enter the rest of the building yet, library is still closed to the public)
2. Pick your seeds
3. Write your name and seed packets on clipboard
4. Wipe down seed library with provided wipes
CALL LIBRARY FOR BOTH APPLICATIONS
Women’s Club of Odessa Scholarship:
The Women’s Club of Odessa (WCO), a member of the Delaware State Federation of Women’s Clubs, is offering students residing in the Appoquinimink School District an opportunity to apply for one of four $1000 scholarships for post-secondary education or career training. Funding of scholarships is made possible by the annual “Christmas in
Odessa” colonial home tour. The mission of the WCO is to give back to the community through educational scholarships, supporting local projects, and historic preservation. The WCO awards scholarships to students who show a commitment to their communities through volunteerism.
The Carol Pearl Inspirational Grant:
Carol Pearl was a lifelong educator who loved children, especially those who often went unnoticed, unrecognized or simply seemed to slip through the cracks in our educational system. Our goal is to identify and reward a student whose average academics does not begin to reflect his/her true potential, someone whose inspired determination, resilience,
perseverance and willingness simply to keep going can be substituted for academic deficits. Few people who have achieved great success have done so solely because they earned good grades; they know the critical importance of the very qualities this Grant will recognize.
The Women’s Club of Odessa (WCO), a member of the Delaware State Federation of Women’s Clubs, is offering students residing in the Appoquinimink School District (ASD) an opportunity to apply for one $1000 grant for post-secondary education or career training. Funding of this grant is made possible jointly by Mr. David Pearl and the WCO. The mission
of the WCO is to give back to the community through educational scholarships, supporting local projects, and historic preservation.
Although we are still NOT open for the public to enter the library, we are excited to announce beginning the week of June 15, the library will be offering contactless curbside pickup.
What does this entail?
1. Curbside will be available all open hours:
2. You can continue or begin to put books on hold online. When a book arrives for you either they system will send you a text or email or we will call you. This is based on your account preference. You may also call, if you need help placing a hold. If it’s after hours, please feel free to leave a message.
3. Curbside instructions
-Library staff or text/email will notify you when your materials are available for pick up.
-Items may only be picked up all open hours.
-Drive to the library to pick up holds
-Call the library at 302-378-8838 when you are parked
-Staff will retrieve your checked out items, and bring them to your car. Remain in your vehicle with the trunk open, library staff will place your items in the trunk and move away.
4. We will have limited hours for phone calls to address holds, reference questions and more (you are always welcome to leave messages during closed hours).
Hours will be:
5. Library will still be closed to public. Unfortunately this still means public bathrooms and computers are closed. You are more than welcome to use extended Wifi coverage we offer outside the building.
Need, want, must have bundles of books for you and/or child(ren)??? If you would like library staff to select some books, since you can’t come in to browse our shelves, you came to the right place. Just fill out this request form and we will get started on your bundles ASAP!
Please note that you can fill out multiple forms if you have multiple readers to request books for!
We’ll choose books for you and then you’ll receive a notification from the system when they’re ready for pickup at our contactless curbside service! You can check status on books on your account online.
-Click the link below to fill out the request!